The Work Begins…

I didn’t have a lot of time today, but I was able to start on the dissasembly of the top of the engine. The engine looks very clean overall, and not abused or neglected. There were signs of a minor oil leak, but nothing that concerns me.

The first thing I did was drain the oil to see how it looked. It definitely had that chocolate-milky look indicative of a blown head gasket. Oh, well – the previous owner told me about that, so no surprises.

I really didn’t get to far into the tear-down, but I’m taking pictures as I go, and I’m planning on doing a step-by-step how to regarding the head gasket replacement. Hopefully, it will be a good resource for other Fiero enthusiasts in the future.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s